Effective Date: October 2, 2019
1. Information Collection Practices.
a. Types of Information Collected.
i. Non-Personal Information.
A. Traffic Data. We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit the Service: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers or devices accessing the Service; and (4) types of web browsers or applications used to access the Service (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for marketing purposes or for improving your experience on the Service.
B. Cookies. We may use “cookies” (or mobile app equivalents) to customize content specific to your interests, to ensure that you do not see the same advertisement repeatedly, and to store your password, if any, so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Service.
C. Analytics Data. We use analytics tools and other third party technologies, such as Google Analytics and Mixpanel, to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our Service. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID, and other similar information (collectively, “Analytics Data”).
ii. Personal Information. Although you may freely visit the Site, in order to use the App, you will need to register with Goodpods and create a "Member" account, which requires you to provide us with information about yourself (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes the following categories of information: (1) “Contact Data” (such as your name, telephone number and e-mail address); If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
b. Uses of Information Collected.
ii. Our Use of Personal Information. Your full name will appear on the App and will be visible to the public. We use Contact Data to send you information about us and the Service or promotional material from some of our partners, or to contact you when necessary in order to provide the Service. We may use your Demographic Data to customize and tailor your experience on the Service, displaying content that we think you might be interested in and according to your preferences.
iv. Sale of Business. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell portions of our company, including the information collected through this Service. If Goodpods or substantially all of its assets are sold, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the buyer.
c. User Choice Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information. You may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access the Site; however, you will not be able to use the App without providing us with your Personal Information. If you do not wish to receive information and promotional material from us or from some of our partners, you may select the appropriate "opt-out" option each time we ask you for Personal Information.
d. Children’s Privacy. Goodpods does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under thirteen (13), please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age thirteen (13) is allowed to provide any personal information to or onGoodpods. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under thirteen (13), please contact us[GN4] .
3. User Ability to Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information. We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your Personal Information remains correct and up-to-date. At any time, you may visit your personal [Profile[GN6] ] in order to: (a) review and update your Personal Information that we have already collected; (b) choose whether you wish us to send you information about our company, or promotional material from some of our partners; and/or (c) choose whether you wish for us to share your Personal Information with third parties. You may also correct this information by contacting us at
4. Lost or Stolen Information. You must promptly notify us if your user name or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission. In such an event, we will remove that user name or password from your account and update our records accordingly.
5. Public Forums. The Service may include interactive forums such as message boards, comment feeds, chat rooms and the Goodpods feed. Please remember that if your account is not marked “private,” any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
6. Third Party Websites. The Service may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit those websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
7. Your California Privacy Rights. Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once each calendar year, information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared personal information for the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an e-mail message to with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide in response the requested information to you at your e-mail address. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only required information will be included in our response.
PO Box 492176
Los Angeles, CA 90049
* Goodpods™ and its corresponding logo, are trademarks of Goodpods LLC